Who is Faster up to the top of La Costa Hills / Denk Mountain
Man or Machine?
The question is who is faster- the Runner or the Mountain Biker?
The answer is the formation of the event Man Vs Machine, where each is pitted against the other in a timed event up the hill.
History of the concept:
Last year a group of us would meet on Fridays to Mountain Bike up Denk Mountain (Top of Rancho La Costa Conservation Area). Sometimes we would have runners participate. It became clear that by choosing different routes it was not clear who would be at the top of the hill first – Man or Machine.
Man Vs Machine is looking to be a simple affair:
- Decide if you are a Man/Woman/Hiker or a Machine.
- Register for the event on line (Before Aug 27th)
- Show up at Cadenza park the morning of the event (6:30am to 7:10am)
- Give us your donation of $10 or more for RLCC (Only Cash)
- Get your starting time
- Go to the starting location (Starting at 7:30am)
- Go as fast as you can up the hill
When is the Event?
Sunday August 28th. This will be our LOW KEY first time event of its kind. email us at email@example.com if you have questions
Where is the Event?
Here is a Google Map of the area with:
- Parking Registration Area
- Approximate start location
- Finish location
Where do I register?
We are using Eventbrite for registration. We will not be taking any day of event sign ups. It is too complicated for us to track. Below is the registration:
What are the rules?
Only two rules. You must run / hike /ride up legal trails within the Open Space. You cannot race down the hill. We need to be safe.
What is the cost?
We are raising money for Center for Natural Lands Management Rancho La Costa Habitat Conservation Area. We are asking for a $10 donation at the time of registration.